How does Point de Contact handle my report?
Upon receipt of your report, Point de Contact:
- Checks that the reported content falls within its remit
- Assesses whether the reported content is potentially illegal under French law.
Content that is potentially illegal under French law is systematically:
- Located geographically by tracing the IP address
- Reported to the competent French authorities (Central Office for the Fight against Crime related to Information and Communication Technology, OCLCTIC)
- Notified to the hosting provider, if the content is located in France
- Forwarded to a partner of the INHOPE international network, if the content is hosted abroad, and in a country where such a partner is established.
The purpose of Point de Contact's action is twofold:
- Help remove illegal content from the Internet
- Enable the judicial authorities, where appropriate, to quickly carry out investigations.
<!> If you provide us with your email address, Point de Contact will automatically inform you of the outcome of your report.
You will receive an answer as soon as possible.